We are excited to re-open Uplevel Physiotherapy for in-person physiotherapy sessions! We have been working hard to ensure that we will be able to protect our patients, staff and the community during phase II of BC’s Re-Start Plan. There are some new procedures in place and this guide will take you step by step through the changes.
PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT
- Prior to your physiotherapy appointments we will require COVID 19 screening questionnaires to be filled out. These will be emailed 24 hours before your appointment. In addition, we will perform a verbal screen upon your arrival.
- Each therapist will perform a daily COVID 19 self-assessment screen to ensure they are symptom-free and safe to work.
- In an effort to minimize exposure and contact, the use of washrooms will be limited.
ARRIVING AT THE CLINIC
- UpLevel Physiotherapy has a temporary new home in Commonwealth Place.
- Access will continue to be on the north side of the building and signage will be posted to indicate the entrance (located in the teen centre on the main level directly below UpLevel Physiotherapy’s usual office space). The door faces the parking lot and will have our sandwich board visible beside it.
- Please wait in your car or remain outside the entrance door (at a minimum of 6 feet away) if weather permits.
- We ask you to attend your physiotherapy session alone, but we understand that this may not be possible in all cases. Should you require someone to accompany you they will be screened prior to entering the clinic.
- Please leave all personal belongings in your car except for items that are required for your appointment.
- We ask that you arrive wearing clean, suitable clothing for your treatment (or bring it with you).
- Your therapist will come outside and greet you at your appointment time and will ask you a few quick questions to verbally confirm the status of your health and any potential COVID 19 risk.
CHECKING IN AT THE CLINIC
- Once you have completed the verbal screen with your therapist you will be brought inside where you will be asked to perform hand hygiene in the form of hand washing or hand sanitizing.
- You will then be taken directly to the treatment room for your session.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- You will be asked to perform hand hygiene again prior to exiting the clinic.
- We will accompany you to the exit of the building following your appointment.
- At this time, we will not have in-person reception services available.
- Payment for treatment will be made online and we ask you to consider keeping an active credit card on file.
- We will be able to accept other forms of payment including debit, etransfer, or cheque.
- You will be invoiced online for your appointment and sent a receipt once payment has been received.
SAFETY AND PROTECTION
- Therapists will be using BC approved appropriate PPE and adhering to safe hand hygiene techniques throughout your appointment.
- Your therapist will be wearing a mask at all times (approved by Health Canada).
- Please bring your own mask to your appointment. Masks are in very limited supply for healthcare workers at this time. If you do not have one, a complimentary mask will be offered to you.
- Each therapist will be using their own personal clinical equipment whenever possible.
- All staff have been educated and trained with UpLevel Physiotherapy’s policies and procedures regarding hygiene, cleaning and disinfecting.
- Signage will be visibly posted with instructions on proper hand hygiene for staff and patients to follow.
- Therapists will be using approved PPE and adhering to safe hand hygiene techniques throughout your appointment.
- We have added a 15-minute time block in between appointments to allow for sufficient time for us to clean and disinfect the treatment area after every patient.
- All contact surfaces will be disinfected in between each patient; including door handles, treatment table, patient chair, patient bin for personal items, desk, computer, phones, washrooms and any other items requiring disinfecting.
- Plastic pillows will be used and wiped in between patients and pillow cases will be changed after each treatment session.
- Pillow cases and all linens used during treatment will be laundered and sanitized prior to their next use.
- All cleaning products used, including hand sanitizers, have been approved by Health Canada.
- We understand that it may not be possible for all of our patients to resume in-person physiotherapy at this time so we will continue to offer Telerehabilitation or virtual visits.
- We will continue to update you as new information becomes available.
- We are following the recommend guidelines outlined by our Provincial Governing Body as well as the BCCDC, WorksafeBC, and the Provincial Health Officer.
- For more information related to COVID 19 please see the following websites:
We look forward to seeing you soon!
-The Uplevel Team
Marcia, Moraine & Kathleen