What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a vital, holistic approach to helping you optimize your body’s ability to move and function in all that you do.
As registered physiotherapists, our role in your overall wellbeing is to:
- learn about you – how you live, work and play
- educate you about how your body can and should function at an optimum level
- rehabilitate injuries that are causing you pain and discomfort
- alleviate acute and chronic conditions
- improve your physical performance
- train you to improve your strength and mobility, and to avoid further injury
- provide you with exercise programs to ensure lifelong sustainability for your body
- recommend resources that can help further your recovery
- offer on-going education, support, and maintenance
Our Approach | Assess. Alleviate. Activate.[spacer height=”30px”]
At UpLevel Physiotherapy, we know that you are not your injury. You are not your condition. You are your story, and we are listening.
We give you our focused one-on-one attention throughout every visit so that we can understand fully what your concerns are, and how your current condition impacts all aspects of your life.
Once we have a clear understanding of what optimal health looks like for you, we assess your injury. We look for biomechanical cues to what is causing your pain, and evaluate your mobility and strength.
We then create and implement a treatment plan to help to alleviate the immediate pain. We may use a combination of modalities such as manual therapy, intramuscular stimulation (IMS) or exercise conditioning. Learn more about our treatment modalities »
Finally, we prescribe homework activities so that you can also be accountable for your rehabilitation. We activate your own capacity for restoring your body’s optimal function, so that you can go back to living your best life.
Our Clients[spacer height=”40px”]
Does any of this sound like you?
- “I am in pain and desperate to get back to my usual fitness routine.”
- “I want to be able to keep up with my grandkids.”
- “I should have taken care of this a month ago. And now it is worse. Help!”
- “This injury is holding me back from being myself – everyday movements are a struggle, never mind my daily exercise. I am so frustrated.”
- “I really thought that if I ignored the problem it would get better on its own. Well, I was wrong.”
- “I don’t want to be taking painkillers or anti-inflammatories for the rest of my life. There must be another solution.”
- “So I am not an elite athlete, but I still have my weekend warrior status to maintain. It is what keeps me sane.”
- “I have a competition/race/tournament/performance coming up. I have been training like hell, and there is no way I am missing this.”
- “I have tried everything – acupuncture, chiropractor, massage, etc. – and nothing is giving me the long-term cure I am looking for.”
Nothing brings us more joy than helping you get back to being your best you (maybe an even better version!). Regardless of your age or ability, the people who get the most out of working with us are those who are invested in doing the work that enables you to live fully and functionally. There is no magic pill. No one but YOU can make you stronger. If this sounds like a commitment you are ready to make, then let’s work together.
What Do We Treat?
- Jaw pain
Neck & Shoulders
- Persistent neck pain
- Radiating nerve pain
- Shoulder girdle pain
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Back & Hips
- Degenerative disc injuries
- Hip replacement recovery
Legs & Feet
- Knee replacement recovery
- Ligament sprains
- Shin splints
- Plantar fasciitis